I finally finished knitting Ann Weaver's Tempest.
TK and I started this as a KAL two years ago. We had separately gotten some Colinette Jitterbug (in different colors. I used some Velvet Olive that had been gifted to me by Athie.) and Misti Alpaca Sock (in the same color - Birds in Paradise). We were in Knitty City one day and realized that we were both thinking of knitting Tempest so we decided to do a knit along for Tempest.
TK managed to finish hers in a fairly timely fashion (about 11 months). I, on the other hand, got to the sleeve caps (Note: I'd finished the back and both front pieces) and put it down to knit something else (I don't even remember what now, but it was probably a shawl). Sadly for poor Tempest, I failed to pick it back up.
Until this year's spring break. Hubbie and I were supposed to go visit his sister, but I got the flu instead. I recovered quickly, but while I was sick I got a sudden strong urge to finish Tempest. The first day I thought I would just finish the sleeve caps and put it away again. But then on day two I just had to weave in the ends and sew it together. (This took two days! Note to self: Weave in ends as you go next time.) After that I thought I'd put it down again, but after a good night's sleep I felt compelled to knit the button band. The button band calls for a sewn bind off. The sewn bind off, while not difficult, is quite time consuming (and also reminded me of why I don't do needlepoint anymore. Too much sewing for me!) It is, however, perfect for the button band. And when the button band was finished I decided I might as well do the hem since it was all that was left.
And suddenly, after a week of illness and finishing, I had a sweater... that doesn't fit me. Sigh.
Time to go back to the gym,