Friday, September 17, 2010

Pequito Shawlette

Knit Picks published another of my patterns as part of their Independent Designer Program.  Meet Pequito.

Knit with 190yds of worsted weight Knit Picks Andean Silk in Chocolate, she is 42 inches long by 21 inches wide.  So cosy, so warm.  
It took me two days to knit the Andean Silk version, although I have to admit that one of those was a travel day.  I was flying to Oklahoma to visit GiGi.  I know what you're thinking, but, no, GiGi did not immediately claim it as her own.   Her daughter did that.  I'm sure that GiGi would have except the Andean Silk has alpaca in it and my poor sister is allergic. 

The colorful version is in Noro Taiyo colorway #17.  It was my first time using Noro, but it most definitely won't be my last.  The colors are fantastic.  Taiyo is a cotton, silk, wool, nylon blend.  Lovely, and selfish me, I'm keeping it!

No comments: