Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birthday handspun yarn

I received some beautiful handspun yarn from Athie for my birthday this weekend.  It's absolutely beautiful (as is all of the handspun I've received from her, I gotta say.)


The colorway is called Mina.  It's a wool, silk, sari silk blend from Enchanted Knoll Farm.  And, yes, those are sparkles!  Somehow Athie has tuned in to my secret (or perhaps not so secret) love of sparkly things.  Yay for sparkly yarn!

The big skein is over 700 yards of a two ply.  The little skein is just over 100 yards of a 3 ply. 

I think the little skein would make a perfect hat for the baby.  The big skein, however, is going to make a beautiful shawl for me.  (Sorry GiGi!)

Is anyone else thinking about Dracula now,
Joyce

1 comment:

GiGi said...

Yay! Now I can make your new shawl pattern. Hurry up, postman!