Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dish cloths

My friend, Elle, recently moved into her first "truly on her own" apartment. After years of room mates, she finally has a place to herself. In order to celebrate this very cool life step, I decided to knit her some dish cloths.
All right, I'll admit it, she moved into the place over three months ago. I mean, how difficult can it be to make dish cloths? Not too hard unless during the time you're knitting them, you also knit a large pair of socks (huge, really), a belt, the sampler from Jaqueline Fee's Sweater Workshop, and 2/3 of a sweater. On a positive note, at least the belt was for Elle.
I finished the dish cloths yesterday.


I was originally only going to make the two in the background. They're both beige and will go very well in her (now not quite so) new kitchen. But then I thought, "What the heck, I'm not knitting much else, I'll make a third one that doesn't match at all!" I think she likes green...
The two in the background are in Lily's Sugar and Cream 'Taupe Twists', and the green one is in EPI's Peaches and Creme 'Shades of Green'. The Peaches and Creme was much softer, but more difficult to block.
Tea, anyone? Tea the kitty, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the green one. Great job! My color is purple (hint hint) just kidding :)